IEEE provides guidance on publishing ethics for conference authors. Learn about authorship, citations, data reporting, and how to follow the ethical guidelines required in scientific publishing.
Follow these steps to ensure that your paper meets all ethical requirements:
- Check that everyone listed as an author meets the IEEE authorship definition, and no one who meets the definition is omitted.
- Cite previous publications correctly and avoid plagiarism.
- Only include citations that significantly contribute to your paper.
- Report your data accurately and avoid manipulation of data or figures.
- Review your responsibilities and rights as an IEEE author.