IEEE wants to make sure that your paper is published accurately. Use IEEE PDF eXpress to check that your paper is compliant with the requirements of the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library.
IEEE PDF eXpress checks that:
- The PDF is version 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later, but not Acrobat 9, X, or XI.
- The PDF was created with PDF distiller. Scanning is not permitted.
- All fonts are embedded or subset. This ensures that mathematics appear as intended and that text is searchable.
- No password or other security settings are included.
- No bookmarks or links are included.
- There are no crop marks, registration marks, date stamps, timestamps, or any other mark that does not appear in the official version of the paper.
- There are no PostScript settings that can override the settings file.
- No PDF attachments are included.
- The file is not a PDF Package or Merged PDF.
Please note that not all conferences use IEEE PDF eXpress. If your conference uses this tool, you will receive an invitation email with a customized link to give you access to the tool.
If your conference does not use IEEE PDF eXpress, you can still check that your PDF meets IEEE Xplorerequirements by using the IEEE PDF Checker.